CHRISTMAS BONUS 2022. The payment of the traditional Christmas bonus will take place ten days before the end of the year celebrations.
[Mis à jour le 30 novembre 2022 à 09h56] The Christmas bonus is an exceptional flat-rate aid paid to people who receive certain social minima for the month of November or December 2022, namely: the RSA, the ASS, the AER or the flat-rate bonus for resumption of activity . Its amount is fixed at 152,45 euros for a single person, but can go up to 442,10 euros for a couple with four children. The payment will take place ten days before the end of year celebrations, enough to make your last purchases before Christmas, gifts, meals, decoration and other train tickets for example. Here are the two payment dates to remember depending on the payment organization for this 2022 edition:
- December 15, 2022 : CAF and MSA payments
- December 16, 2022 : payments from Pôle Emploi
The Family Allowance Fund pays the Christmas bonus to RSA (Active Solidarity Income) recipients. Unlike traditional social benefits such as the activity bonus, the CAF does not carry out a study of the situation of your household (income, social benefits received, alimony, etc.). The granting of the Christmas bonus is automatic. There is therefore no point in contacting the Family Allowance Fund to hope for the payment of the premium.
Are you currently unemployed? Pôle emploi is responsible for paying the Christmas bonus to certain unemployed people. The latter must have exhausted their unemployment rights and receive the specific solidarity allowance (ASS). This therefore means that unemployed people receiving traditional unemployment benefits, also called return to work allowance (ARE), are not eligible. As a reminder, the specific solidarity allowance concerns unemployed people at the end of their rights whose resources do not exceed a ceiling.
Since 2009, the amounts of the Christmas bonus have remained unchanged. They depend on your social situation and, possibly, on your family situation. Clearly, the amount of the Christmas bonus does not depend on your income. Do you benefit from the Pôle emploi Christmas bonus, being unemployed at the end of your rights? In this case, Pôle emploi pays a fixed amount, regardless of the family situation. He wakes up at 152,45 euros. If you benefit from the CAF Christmas bonus (because you are on the RSA for example), in this case, the amount depends on your family situation. It is between 152,45 euros for a single person and 442,10 euros for a couple with four children (to which are added 60,98 euros per additional person). Here is the list of the amounts of the Christmas bonus according to your family situation:
- 152,45 euros : single person
- 228,67 euros : single person with 1 child or person in a couple without children
- 274,41 euros : single person with 2 children or person in a couple with 1 child
- 320,14 euros : person in couple with 2 children
- 335,39 euros : single person with 3 children
- 381,12 euros : person in couple with 3 children
- 396,37 euros : single person with 4 children
- 442,10 euros : person in couple with 4 children
The concerns the recipients of certain social minima from the Family Allowance Fund and Pôle Emploi. These two organizations do not conduct an income test to determine if you are eligible. Consequently, there is no actual income ceiling for receiving the Christmas bonus. In total, 2.3 million households will pocket the Christmas bonus by December 2022. Here are the social benefits you must receive to benefit from it:
- RSA : the active solidarity income is reserved for the most precarious people, aged over 25, who receive very few resources. Its fixed amount for a single person is 565 euros, if the recipient does not receive housing allowances of the APL type.
- ASS : the specific solidarity allowance concerns unemployed people at the end of their rights whose resources do not exceed a ceiling. It is also necessary to have exercised a professional activity for five years during the 10 years preceding the end of the last employment contract.
- Lump-sum bonus for resumption of activity
- AER : this social benefit has not been granted since 1 January 2011! The pension equivalent allowance was intended for job seekers who have not yet reached the legal retirement age, but who have acquired enough quarters for a full pension.
Do you want to know or check the amount that should be allocated to you on December 15th? Nothing could be simpler, mes-aides.gouv.fr allows you to know your rights, and in particular to know if you are entitled to one of the aids giving right to the Christmas bonus such as the RSA.
This year, the payment of the Christmas bonus will take place on Thursday, December 15.
There may be a delay of three to five days, from one bank to another: you are therefore likely to see the payment of the Christmas bonus on your account between December 18 and 20. SIf the payment is made a few days before the holidays, it sometimes happens that the payment is not made until the month of January 2023. This concerns new recipients, for the month of December. The transfer is automatique. Also, you are never safe from a delay on the part of your payment organization. But in reality, the few days of beat correspond to the processing time practiced by your bank. So, no worries if the transfer does not arrive immediately on your bank account
The accumulation of the Christmas bonus with the activity bonus is possible, subject to conditions. If you receive the activity bonus in November or December 2022, the sum of your basic RSA and your activity bonus must be less than or equal to the amount of the basic RSA corresponding to the composition of the family. If you find yourself in any other situation, it will be impossible for you to combine the Christmas bonus with the activity bonus.
The Christmas bonus and the AAH cannot be combined. The disabled adult allowance is not part of the aid eligible for the Christmas bonus. The regular revaluation of the AAH is the main reason why the two aids cannot be combined. The latter has been revalued by 25% in ten years.
Are you at RSA? In this case, you are one of the households concerned by the CAF Christmas bonus. The amount of the CAF Christmas bonus depends on the composition of the household. Here are the amounts that apply:
- Single person: €152.45
- 2 people (single with 1 child or couple without children): €228.67
- 3 people (single with 2 children or couple with 1 child): €274.41
- A single person with 3 children: €335.39
- couple with 2 children: €320.14
- A single person with 4 children: €396.37
- couple with 3 children: €381.12
- A single person with 5 children: €457.35
- couple with 4 children: €442.10
- Per additional person: €60.98