He clonazepam It is a medication that requires a prescription. It is generally given to adults with seizures and strong anxieties, but also to children who have experienced severe panic attacks. Is one of the most consumed anxiolytics in Spain, together with other benzodiazepines such as Alprazolam, Lorazepam, Diazepam, Bromazepam (lexatin), Lormetazepam or Estazolam.
As indicated by the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (AEMPS), clonazepam “should not be used in patients in a coma, or in patients with drug, drug, or alcohol dependence.”
What is clonazepam and what is it used for?
Clonazepam is a psychoactive medicine of the group of benzodiazepines used to treat anxiety, nervousness and lack of sleep. In addition, there are several warnings that the National Library of Medicine of the United States points out to us, about it because it can increase the risk of problems of severe breathing what endanger life, as well as reaching a state of sedation or coma if used together with other medications. Some are: codeine and hydrocodone that treat coughs, oxycodone, methadone, tramadol or morphine.
Adverse effects of clonazepam
According to Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products, too many possible symptoms that complicate the state of health of a person are found when the dose of the drug has been administered.
Some of them are:
- Dreamsince it is a medicine to induce it
- slow reflexeshypotonia, muscle weakness, dizziness, tiredness, fatigue.
- Depression and headache.
- Decreased ability to concentrationrestlessness, confusion, disorientation
- Urticariaitching, skin rashes.
- When treatment is prolonged for a long time or high doses are used, reversible disorders may appear such as: dysarthria (difficulty articulating words), ataxia (incoordination of voluntary movements) and double vision (diplopia).
- In some forms of epilepsy Increased seizure (seizure) frequency may occur during long-term treatment.
- It is known that the use of benzodiazepines can cause anterograde amnesia (difficulty remembering recent events) and the risk of this adverse effect increases with dose.
The viral TikTok challenge that became deadly
The TikTok challenge that ended with the death of an eleven-year-old girl in Peru consisted of not sleeping. However, it is not the first time that minors are exposed to this type of viral challenges.
However, it is not the first time that minors are exposed to this type of viral challenge. In Spain, minors have also died from some challenges like ‘blackout’ , which consists of placing a belt around the neck to see how long you can last without breathing. This event occurred in Murcia, by a student from the IES Santa Lucía de Cartagena who died when he was only thirteen years old.
According to him XII Family Barometer of 2023, The mental health problem in our country is increasing and can be seen by the rise in anxiolytic-type drugs, such as clonazepam.
Spanish families consider that the main reasons for the deterioration of young people’s mental health are the influence of social networks, the increase in bullying in schools and low self-esteem. In the case of deterioration of the adult mental health the most repeated causes are economic difficulties, the feeling of loneliness, and uncertainty in general.
Do you want to receive the best content to take care of your health and feel good? Sign up for our new newsletter for free.
#Clonazepam #side #effects #pill #killed #11yearold #girl #due #viral #TikTok #challenge