Disinfector detained in Moscow in connection with fatal watermelon poisoning

by time news

An employee of a private company, who carried out disinsection in the Magnit store in Moscow, became a suspect in the case of poisoning a family with a watermelon, he was detained, the press service of the Moscow Investigative Directorate of the TFR reports. Investigators have previously opened a case under Part 3 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in the death of a person by negligence).

“At present, a 39-year-old employee of a private company, who carries out one of the types of disinfection of the premises of the retail space, has been taken to the department of the department, where investigative actions are being carried out with him,” the message says.

Investigators also interrogated other company employees, obtained documentation and took samples of substances used in pest control.

Last week, the girl and her grandmother died after consuming a watermelon purchased from the Magnit store on Sovkhoznaya Street in Moscow. More than ten of their housemates were hospitalized, and not all of them ate watermelons. Eating chicken is also believed to be a possible cause of the incident, and other versions are being studied.

Ethylene glycol was found in the blood of the victims of poisoning, which is used in the production of antifreeze, brake fluids, cellophane, as a coolant in heating systems. Later, Rospotrebnadzor found traces of a substance for the extermination of insects in watermelons from “Magnet” on Sovkhoznaya Street.

.

READ Also:  The minister said goodbye to sirens - Society - Kommersant

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.