Eintracht Frankfurt is subject to SV Wehen Wiesbaden in test

by time news

49 days after the last competitive game, Eintracht played a game again. On Saturday, the Frankfurt team met in the first of a total of five preparatory matches in preparation for the coming season at SV Wehen Wiesbaden – and drew the short straw against the third division team. The team of Rüdiger Rehm, which will be challenged for points for the first time in two weeks at the newly promoted SC Freiburg II, prevailed 3-1 on a training ground outside the Frankfurt Arena.

Eintracht had taken the lead in the 30th minute with a penalty converted by Aymen Barkok. Florian Carstens was responsible for the penalty whistle, as he brought Eintracht newcomer Ali Akman off his feet in the sixteen-meter space. After the break, there was hardly anything constructive in the team of head coach Oliver Glasner, and the SVWW used its opportunities ice-cold.

First Kevin Lankford equalized (50th). 120 seconds later, after a carelessness by Timothy Chandler, Amin Farouk made it 2-1 for Wiesbaden. And Chandler, who was called up by Glasner in the second half as a central defensive player and was also transferred to the captain’s armband, did not look happy with Farouk’s second prank either (73rd); Only the 31-year-old veteran failed to separate the technically skilled attacker from the ball earlier, then he slipped away.

Praise to Ali Akman

Afterwards, Glasner wanted to “not be too critical” with his own people. But he emphasized that he was “never satisfied” when it came to judging his own defeats. “In a lot of areas,” added the Austrian, “there is still room for improvement.” The fact that he switched almost completely from the 46th minute on with Chandler, Goncalo Paciencia, Christopher Lenz and Dejan Joveljic only one quartet was used on the field that has professional experience, Glasner cited as an explanation that the balance of power had shifted. He had praise for Akman, who showed some successful actions until his replacement during the break, was in motion and went into the duels with determination. The 19-year-old Turk, Glasner said, was a “very good boy”.

READ Also:  Golf: Us Open, Spaniard Rahm wins and returns # 1 in the world - ANSA

It was basically a Frankfurt U19 who was shown limits against a third-rate opponent who had been doing basic work for a long time this summer and where the processes between defense and attack seemed much better coordinated. “Seven of our players played in adult football for the first time,” said Glasner, who gave the talents Fynn Otto as central defender and Luka Hyryläinen in central midfield a chance to prove himself. As a precaution, he left Erik Durm, Sebastian Rode and Amin Younes completely outside, as they last complained of complaints after the intensive exercise units. At the beginning of the coming week, however, they should be able to participate again without restrictions, the coach announced.

General rehearsal against Saint-Étienne

It was not clear on Saturday evening whether another newcomer, Jesper Lindström, would already be on board. The fact is: the negotiations between the Danish U-21 international and Eintracht are over, his transfer is imminent. An agreement was also reached with Brondby IF, the releasing club, and according to reports, the transfer fee is six million euros. But Lindström still has to complete the sports medical examination in Frankfurt. For the Danish champions of the past season, the attacking midfielder scored ten goals and eleven assists in 29 games.

However, it is definitely clear who the dress rehearsal will take place against before the first round of the cup (at SV Waldhof Mannheim): On July 31, Eintracht will meet AS Saint-Étienne from France in the arena. Kick-off will be at 3:30 p.m. It is still open whether spectators can be present in the stadium.

.

0 comment
0

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.