Residents of Cidade de Deus, west of Rio, demonstrated on Rua Miguel Salazar, this Friday afternoon (17), against the arrest of a truck driver.
The 22-year-old man was arrested in Grajaú-Jacarepaguá, on Wednesday (15), along with 14 suspects who fled the community during a police operation, according to the Military Police.
According to information from the Record TV Riothe family claimed that the driver was forced to drive for men and has no connection with criminality.
The driver’s wife said that her husband had left the house to look for debris and that he heard about the arrest through the press.
Relatives stated that the boy is a worker and had been working in this activity for some time, and even presented a card disclosing the service he provided.
Identified as Lúcio, the father told, in an interview with City Alert RJ, who works with his son and that the seized truck belongs to him. The family member said he recognized the vehicle, which has already been recovered, on TV.
The family intends to make another peaceful protest on Saturday (18), when the young man’s custody hearing should take place.
The PM accompanied the demonstration and reported having negotiated the release of the roads. Policing remains reinforced in the region.