Abu Dhabi | The UAE has confirmed that the Houthis, an armed rebel group in Yemen, were behind the bombings in Abu Dhabi on Monday morning. A statement from the UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation said the Houthis had been named. The statement strongly condemned the attack on UAE soil and said those behind it would not go unpunished. The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has stated that the UAE has every right to respond to terrorist attacks and criminal activities. The statement described the Houthis’ brutal attack in violation of international and human rights law. The Houthis have been trying to destabilize the region and spread terrorism. The UAE called on the international community to come forward to condemn such acts of terrorism aimed at civilians. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation said in a statement that it was offering condolences to the families of the victims and wished them a speedy recovery. The UAE is handling the Houthi attacks in Abu Dhabi in a transparent and responsible manner, said Dr. Anwar Gargash tweeted. He added that the Houthis could not destroy the security and security of the region.
The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of a police station in Abu Dhabi. The bomber struck shortly after 10 a.m. in Musaffah and a construction site near the Abu Dhabi airport. In Musaffah, three people were killed and six were injured. Abu Dhabi police said two of the dead were Indians and one a Pakistani national. Three oil tankers exploded at ICAD3 near Adnoc’s warehouse in Mussafah. Authorities were able to bring the blaze under control immediately.