In an increasingly competitive and changing job market, it is necessary to be prepared to find and keep a job. According to the latest ManpowerGroup Talent Shortage report, 70% of employers in Peru have difficulties finding professionals who meet technical and soft requirements. For Guillermo Sánchez, general director of the Certus institute, this challenging panorama is an opportunity for professionals to grow personally and also in the workplace, updating their skills and knowledge.
“Today’s companies are looking for professionals who add value, respond with creative solutions to challenges and adapt to the changing needs of the labor market. For this reason, it is important that they identify the skills and competencies that are most in demand, this may include: the acquisition of soft skills, specialized technical skills and the search for opportunities to continuously improve and learn,” said Sánchez.
In line with this and within the framework of Labor Day (May 1), the Certus specialist points out five keys to employability that professionals must develop to stand out in the labor market:
1. Acquire business skills: It is important to have business and financial skills to understand how a business works and how to contribute to its success. This includes skills such as project management, data analysis, finance, and marketing. In this way, professionals will be able to make strategic decisions to achieve objectives efficiently.
2. Development of digital knowledge: In the digital age, it is essential to have skills in information technology. This includes skills in programming, data analysis, digital marketing, social networks, e-commerce, among others. Also, with the pandemic, remote work has become an increasingly common trend in many industries, further increasing the importance of digital skills.
3. Strengthen soft skills: Soft skills are important for companies because they allow them to have a staff trained to interact with customers and other employees effectively. These include effective communication, teamwork, problem solving, adaptation to change, proactivity, positive attitude and leadership.
4. Use of creativity: Creativity is increasingly valued in the job market, as it allows professionals to think outside the box and propose creative solutions to business challenges. Employers are looking for new ideas and out-of-the-ordinary solutions to stand out in an increasingly competitive job market.
5. continuing education: Training is essential for professionals to be more employable. Staying up to date on the latest trends in your field of work can increase your ability to solve problems and adapt to changes in the work environment. In addition, continuing education can help improve professional networking and increase career development opportunities.
Finally, Guillermo Sánchez emphasizes that constant education and the acquisition of the aforementioned skills are essential tools not only to prepare for the future of work and to be competitive in the market, but also as part of the personal growth of each person. “The personal and job satisfaction of each professional will depend on their ability to keep up to date in a constantly changing job market.”
Learn more about the continuing education programs offered by the Certus institute at the following link.
#Labor #Day #keys #employability #stand #labor #market