Published on :
This is one of the major challenges for Africa’s economic success: the development of trade and logistics transport, whether by sea, land, rail or even air. A sector in turmoil: Bolloré Africa Logistics, incumbent operator, is in the process of selling its assets to MSC, an Italian-Swiss group number 1 worldwide in maritime transport for 5.7 billion euros. Maersk, for its part, completes the picture and reaps record profits.
To learn more about their strategy, Éco d’ici, Éco d’ailleurs met with the most senior executives of these companies for exclusive interviews recorded during the Africa CEO Forum, the major private sector meeting in Africa, which was held on June 13 and 14, 2022, at the Hotel Ivoire in Abidjan. The challenges are many, linked to the war in Ukraine, inflation or climate change.
The program also offers an interview with the director of the Autonomous Port of Abidjan, in the midst of modernization and expansion works. Finally, Bruno Faure met several employees of this essential part of the economy of Côte d’Ivoire: the leaders of the employers’ organization of approved customs brokers (OPCDA-CI) as well as workers in the fishing port.
Our guests :
– Soren Toft, Managing Director of MSC (Mediterranean Shipping Company)
– Thomas Theeuwes, Managing Director of Maersk for Central and West Africa
– Eric Mélet, CEO of Bolloré Railways
– Sien Yacouba Sie, general manager of the autonomous port of Abidjan
– Emmanuel Gadret, managing partner at Cabinet Deloitte for French-speaking Africa.