Super tasty thoran with many health benefits can be prepared with moringa leaves.
- Moringa leaves – 3 cups
- Small onion – 1/2 cup
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek – 3 tablespoons
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 3 nos
- Plowing nuts – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – enough
- No curry leaves
How to prepare
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard.
- When the mustard seeds splutter, add dal, crushed red chillies and curry leaves and fry.
- Add onion and saute well. When onions are fried add turmeric powder and stir.
- Add moringa leaves and enough salt, stir and cook covered. No need to add water. Add coconut when it becomes sizzling.
- Put the custard apple in a frying pan and fry it without adding oil.
- Add this fried rice to the upperi. Moringaila Upperi Ready.
- Bites of this fried rice in moringa leaf upperi are a special taste.
Content Summary : Muringa ila upperi nadan recipe by Prabha.