AHMEDABAD: Tamil Nadu player Bhavani Devi won the gold medal in women’s fencing saber category of the National Games. Bhavani Devi, who faced Jagmeet Kaur (Punjab) in the final yesterday, played superbly and won easily with the score of 15-3 and came first. Bhavani Devi, who had already played for Kerala in 2011 and 2015 and won a gold medal, won the 3rd gold yesterday and achieved a hat-trick. Having trained at the Sports Commission of India Center in Kochi, he won gold medals for the Kerala team earlier and won the gold medal for the Tamil Nadu team for the first time.
* West Bengal’s Swapna Burman won gold in women’s high jump with a new national record (1.83m).
* Ariana’s Deepak won the men’s wrestling 97 kg freestyle category.
* Ariana player Anish kisses the gold medal in men’s shooting 25m rapid fire pistol category.
* Sunil Kumar (Ariana) clinched the gold medal with a resounding 8-0 win over Punjab’s Harpreet Singh in the men’s wrestling Greco Roman 87kg final.
* Valarivan Gold, Mehuli Ghosh Silver and Dilothama Bronze in Ilaven in Women’s Shooting 10m Air Rifle.
* In men’s shooting 10m air rifle, Rudranksh Patil won the gold medal and Arjun Babuta won the silver medal. Pratap Singh Tomar finished 3rd and was satisfied with the bronze medal.
* Services player Devender Singh won gold and Uttarakhand’s Suraj Panwar won silver in men’s 20 km walk race.