The lactose market at a pharmaceutical level The global is valued at USD 278.604 million by 2025 and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.76% during the forecast period.
Pharmaceutical grade lactose has been used as a medicinal agent for over a century. Because of its versatility, it is the backbone of many successful formulations. It is produced by concentrating whey or percolation (a co-product of the manufacture of whey protein concentrates) to supersaturate the lactose, and then remove, distill, dry and grind the lactose crystals. Pharmaceutical grade lactose is manufactured to meet stringent specifications, such as specific shape and size distribution, monohydrate, crystalline, 40 mesh to 325 mesh, and a spray-dried blend of crystalline and amorphous lactose for all applications
The global pharmaceutical grade lactose market is segmented on the basis of type, and application.
- The market, based on type, Already segmented into crystalline lactose monohydrate, lactose inhalation, granulated lactose, spray-dried lactose, and others. Crystalline lactose monohydrate is further divided into α-lactose monohydrate, and β-lactose (anhydrous lactose). Lactose inhalation is further divided into sieved and milled.
- The market, based on application, Classified as tablet manufacturing, capsule manufacturing and others. Tablet manufacturing is further divided into direct compression, wet granulation and dry granulation. Capsule production is further divided into capsules, pouches and others.
Future Market Research (MRFR) Kerry Ltd. (Ireland), DFE Pharma (Germany), Meggle Excipients & Technology (Germany), Merck KGaA (Germany), Armor Pharma (France), ALPAVIT (Germany), BASF SE (Germany) As key players in the global lactose market at pharmaceutical level.
Get a sample report: https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/sample_request/4816
Europe was the largest market for pharmaceutical grade lactose in 2019. Europe is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to the presence of higher number of manufacturers and manufacturing associations in the region. For example, key players based in Europe include BASF Corporation, Merck KGaA, Kerry Inc., DFE Pharma and others. The Expressive Manufacturers Association that sets strict norms and good manufacturing practices (GMP) are reasons for the standardization of the production process. The norms and genetic engineering established by the International Council for Medicines Excipients, Europe brings together manufacturers, distributors and users of medicines in one place to share experiences and knowledge to learn and lead the future of excipients. The IPEC Federation represents the five existing International Pharmaceutical Regional Councils (IPECs) – IPEC-Americas, IPEC Europe, IPEC Japan, IPEC China and IPEC India. EXCiPACT is a non-profit organization that develops and administers a high-quality certification program for pharmaceutical manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
Asia-Pacific is the second largest market for pharmaceutical grade lactose. According to the United Nations, across Asia, the number of people aged 65 and over is expected to increase dramatically over the next 50 years. For the region, the population in this age group will increase by 314% from 207 million in 2000 to 857 million in 2050. A study by The World Bank has estimated that the expected number of COPD cases in China will be 42.5 million in 2020 and 55.2 million in 2030. According to a study published in The Lancet, the number of COPD cases in India has increased from 28.1 million in 1990 to 55.3 million In 2016, an increase in prevalence from 3.3% to 4.2%.
America is the third largest market for pharmaceutical grade lactose. This rate is due to the high prevalence of the population suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). During 2018, approximately 9 million adults were diagnosed with chronic bronchitis in the US. COPD was the fourth leading cause of death in the US. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 25 million Americans suffer from asthma. The annual cumulative medical cost per person of asthma was $3,266 in 2015.
The pharmaceutical grade lactose market is growing in the Middle East and Africa due to various reasons such as the high prevalence of COPD and the presence of distributors and subsidiaries in the region. DFE Pharma has distributors located in Morocco, Algeria, South Africa, Egypt, Iran and other countries in the Middle East. The BASF group has been active on the African continent for nearly 90 years. BASF employs about 1600 people in Africa. Since 2016, BASF’s African headquarters is located in Nairobi, Kenya. Armor Pharma has local partners located in the region in almost 20 countries.
Main findings of the study
- The global pharmaceutical grade lactose market is expected to reach more than 278.604 million by 2025 and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.76%
- Europe held a market share of 41.04% in 2019. Europe is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to the presence of higher number of manufacturers and manufacturing associations in the region. For example, key players based in Europe include BASF Corporation, Merck KGaA, Kerry Inc., DFE Pharma and others.
- Based on type, the crystalline lactose monohydrate segment accounted for the largest market share of 30.44% in 2019.
- On the basis of application, the tablet manufacturing sector accounted for a significant market share of 51.67% in 2019.
Access report details @ https://www.marketresearchfuture.com/reports/pharmaceutical-grade-lactose-market-4816
Related reports: Hyperhidrosis Treatment Market Research Report – Global Forecast to 2027
Global Healthcare Data Storage Market Research Report – Forecast to 2027
On the future of market research:
At Market Research Future (MRFR), we enable our clients to decipher the complexities of various industries through our Cooked Research Report (CRR), Semi Cooked Research Reports (HCRR), Raw Research Reports (3R), Continuous Feed Research (CFR) and consulting services for market research. The MRFR team has a supreme goal of providing the highest quality market research and intelligence services to our clients. Our market research by components, applications, logistics and market players for global, regional and country market segments enables our clients to see more, know more and do more, helping to answer all their most important questions.
Atid® market research
99 Hudson Street, 5th floor
New York, NY 10013
+1 628 258 0071(US)
+44 2035 002 764 (UK)