Prince Joachim of Denmark: He learned of the title withdrawal “five days before”

Prince Joachim of Denmark
He learned about the withdrawal of the title “five days before”

Prince Joachim of Denmark is upset.

© imago images/PPE

After the sudden withdrawal of the title, Prince Joachim is angry at Denmark. He found out about the change “five days beforehand”.

After it recently became public knowledge that Queen Margrethe II (82) will revoke the current titles of her youngest son Prince Joachim of Denmark (53) and his wife Princess Marie of Denmark (46) from January 1, 2023, the 53- Year-old now took a stand. He told the Danish tabloid “BT” that he had been informed about the change “five days in advance”.

He contradicts various media reports that say that Joachim had known about this since May. A spokeswoman said so. However, Joachim now made it clear that he had only been presented with a plan for such a change. This should therefore only come into force when his children are 25 years old.

Because Joachim’s four children are also affected by the major upheaval. Prince Nikolai (22), Prince Felix (20), Prince Henrik (13) and Princess Athena (10) may no longer be addressed as prince or princess from the beginning of next year. “I can say that my children are upset. My children do not know which leg to stand on. What to believe. Why should their identity be removed? Why do they have to be punished like this?” said Joachim.

From 2023 Count and Countess

On September 28th, it became known via Instagram that the titles and forms of address for many members of the Danish Royals will change. This is how Joachim and Marie are to be called Count and Countess of Monpezat in the future. Your children will only be addressed with “Excellence”.

SpotOnNews

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Pocket
WhatsApp

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent News

Editor's Pick