Sri Lankan army chases away journalist on Heroes’ Day

by time news

The Army has launched a vicious attack on a Mullaitivu District journalist who was involved in news reporting in the Mullivaikkal area of ​​the Mullaitivu District.

Mullaitivu journalist Vishwalingam Vishwachandran has been admitted to the Mullaitivu District Hospital with serious injuries.

He is also the Treasurer of the Mullaitivu Media Center and the Mullaitivu Regional Journalist.

The attack took place at around 10.00 am today. A journalist living in the eastern part of Mulliyavaikkal went to Mullaitivu for a news conference this morning and photographed the Mullivaikkal name plate located in the Mullivaikkal area while returning home from there.

The soldier was attacked by soldiers as four soldiers on security duty in the area tried to show him the journalist’s identity card when they asked him to interrogate him.

As they fled to escape the attack, the army continued to chase them down the barbed wire and carry out the attack. The attackers were dressed in military uniforms and half-trousers with military uniforms worn during off-duty duty.

The army has identified the use of barbed wire around a green palm leaf for the attack at the scene of the attack. இந்த தாக்குதலுக்கு பயன்படுத்திய ஆயுதத்தை அவ்விடத்தில் செய்தி அறிக்கையிடல் செய்த ஊடகவியலாளர்கள் அடையாளம் காட்டிய நிலையில் அப்பகுதியில் கடமையில் நின்ற காவல்துறையினரால் அந்த ஆயுதம் உடனடியாக எடுத்து செல்லப்பட்டுள்ளது.

Blood stains were found on the clothes of the soldiers who carried out the attack. It was also observed that the clothes of the attacking soldiers were covered with mud. The military pushed the journalist into a barbed wire fence, attacked him with his hands and feet, and tortured him with a green bar wrapped around a barbed wire fence.

The bomber struck shortly after noon in front of a police station, removing hundreds of protesters by truck.

The army has set up a tin guard on a privately owned land at the site of the attack to prevent any Heroes’ Day commemoration from yesterday.

It is noteworthy that the name plate erected by the Police Road Development Authority has been erected on a private land close to the name plate.

The question arises as to why the soldiers have a green bat wrapped in barbed wire. The camera and the telephone were confiscated from the journalist.

The journalist’s torso was also damaged. The army has removed the keys to the trunk. The army threatened and intimidated passers-by who tried to stop the attack.

Following the incident, the Mullaitivu Police rushed to the spot and took the injured journalist to the Mullaitivu District Hospital where he is currently receiving treatment.

Mullaitivu police are investigating the incident.



You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.