Google offers a bunch of features through its Contacts app for Android smartphones, in addition to storing contacts, Google Contacts also allows users to backup any contacts they have on their phone or their SIM card.
And if you somehow lost the contacts on your phone, you can always restore those contacts to your new device, however, if you save your contacts in your Google account, they will appear instantly on your phone after you register.
In addition, you can export your contacts to another Google account, which makes it easy to transfer your contacts to another device. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Google Contacts app on your Android device.
2. Click on Repair and Management option available at the bottom.
3. Click the Export to File button.
4. Select the accounts from which you want to export contacts.
5. Click on the Export to VCF file option.
Turn on/off automatic backup
You will be asked to choose whether or not you want to backup your data when you first set up your Google account on your phone, you can change this setting, it will save all your contacts in your Google account and you can restore your contacts. Whenever you want in case of damage.
1. Open the Settings app on your smartphone.
2. Click System Settings.
3. Press the Backup button.
4. Turn on or off Google Drive backup.