T20 WC | “I will sleep peacefully” – KL Rahul on his half-century of happiness I can sleep peacefully says KL Rahul

by time news

Adelaide: Indian player KL Rahul has registered the first half-century in the ongoing T20 World Cup series. He had been out for single digit runs in the previous three matches. Because of that he was criticized.

He scored a 31-ball half-century in the Super 12 match against Bangladesh at the Adelaide Oval. It included 3 fours and 4 sixes. Earlier in the same series, he scored 4, 9 and 9 runs in single digits in 3 matches.

So he should not be given a chance in the playing eleven. A substitute can be given a chance. Rishabh Pant was said to be Rahul’s replacement. A former cricketer had commented that ‘he has no confidence in himself’.

But Rahul’s performance against Bangladesh was outstanding. He read the pitch without adding runs in the first few balls and picked up the pace in the next few balls. However, he got out on the very next ball of his half-century. However, the comeback has been praised by many.

Speaking after the match, KL Rahul said, “If the team can do what it needs, I will sleep peacefully. This is an important match for us. We wanted all the players to contribute.”

You may also like

Leave a Comment