T20 World Cup: Will Babar Azam’s captaincy be taken away once more…? Shahid Afridi accuses him of ruining the workforce, PCB says will do an operation – 2024-06-10 14:08:49

by times news cr

2024-06-10 14:08:49
Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi reacted strongly after the defeat within the T20 World Cup in opposition to India and mentioned that there’s a must make radical adjustments within the workforce led by Babar Azam. Within the match performed in opposition to India in New York, Pakistan had a goal of 120 runs however its workforce might rating solely 113 runs for seven wickets. In keeping with Pakistani media, Naqvi mentioned in New York, ‘I used to suppose that some adjustments should be made within the workforce to win the match, however now plainly radical adjustments must be made within the workforce.’ Alternatively, former captain and T20 World Cup model ambassador Shahid Afridi has made a giant allegation.Learn: That is referred to as a captain of huge matches, these 4 strikes of Rohit Sharma defeated Pakistan

Shahid Afridi’s allegation- Gamers usually are not completely satisfied, Babar is ruining the workforce

Afridi, who was commentating within the match, mentioned after the defeat – Some gamers within the workforce have complaints in opposition to captain Babar Azam. The captain ought to be somebody who takes everybody alongside, whereas this isn’t occurring within the Pakistan workforce. The workforce is getting ruined. I’ve a relationship with Shaheen. If I speak about him, folks will say that I’m favoring my son-in-law. Allow us to inform you that Shaheen Afridi was made the captain of the workforce after the ODI World Cup 2023, whereas Babar Azam was eliminated, however was made the captain once more earlier than this T20 World Cup. Shahid was offended with this. He had mentioned at the moment that if somebody has been made the captain, then belief him. Give him time. If he was to be eliminated after only one sequence, then he shouldn’t have been made the captain.

PCB said- now an operation can be accomplished to enhance the workforce
Naqvi additionally mentioned that now there’s a must concentrate on these gamers who’ve been out of the workforce for a while. He mentioned, ‘The way in which we misplaced the matches in opposition to America and now India could be very disappointing. We now must concentrate on these gamers who usually are not within the workforce in the intervening time.’ Naqvi mentioned, ‘Everyone seems to be asking why the workforce isn’t performing effectively. The World Cup is occurring proper now however we undoubtedly must concentrate on every part.’ To make it to the Tremendous 8, Pakistan must win the subsequent two matches in opposition to Canada and Eire by large margins and in addition pray for the outcomes of different groups to be in its favor.

Babar Azam made these excuses after dropping to India
Pakistan captain Babar Azam mentioned that not having the ability to rating runs in 59 balls whereas chasing the goal proved to be the turning level. Babar mentioned, ‘We bowled effectively however we misplaced wickets repeatedly whereas batting. We let many balls go empty. We once more couldn’t carry out as anticipated within the first six overs.’ When requested in regards to the workforce’s technique, Babar mentioned, ‘Our technique was to play comfortably. We had made a method to take one or two runs and hit a boundary in between however within the meantime we let plenty of balls go empty and in such a state of affairs we can not anticipate a lot from the tail-end batsmen.’ He mentioned, ‘The pitch was trying good. The ball was coming effectively on the bat. Now we have now to win the final two matches. Our eyes are actually set on the subsequent two matches.’

You may also like

Leave a Comment