The court chose a preventive measure against the general director of a company that serves gas equipment in a house in Noginsk, where an explosion occurred due to a gas leak. He was placed under house arrest, said Olga Vradiy, a representative of the regional department of the Investigative Committee. The name of the CEO and the name of the company were not specified.
“The court in a specialized company servicing in-house gas equipment in a house in Noginsk, in which there was a leak and cotton gas, which led to the death of seven people (part 3 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation), a measure of restraint in the form of house arrest was chosen”, – said Mrs. Vradiy (quoted by TASS). Soon, the company’s CEO will be indicted.
The gas explosion took place on September 8. As a result, the slabs of six apartments, located on the second and third floors of the first entrance, collapsed, killing seven people. According to the original version, the leak could have occurred from the stove or the pipe connected to it, and the resident who woke up and turned on the light, unwittingly provoked an explosion.
Read more about the consequences of the emergency in the material “Kommersant FM” “The explosion in Noginsk raised questions.”