Cover image: Andrii Marienko / AP
- The Ukrainian Air Force says it shot down 12 of the 13 Iranian-made Shahed 136-131 drones sent by Russia overnight, as well as a reconnaissance drone. Separately, the military says Russian fighters also attacked Kherson Oblast with two guided bombs.
- The first British Challenger tanks have arrived in Ukraine, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov announced on Monday evening. “British Challengers, American Strykers and Cougars and German Marders” have “added to Ukrainian units”he detailed.
- The UN Security Council on Monday rejected a Russian resolution calling for the creation of a “independent international commission of inquiry” on the sabotage of the Nord Stream gas pipelines in September 2022
- Russia said on Monday it would not change its plans to deploy nuclear weapons “tactics” in Belarusdespite numerous criticisms from Western countries. “Of course, such a reaction cannot have any impact on Russia’s plans”Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
- France is going ” very soon “ provide Ukraine with a SAMP/T surface-to-air anti-aircraft defense system, said French Armed Forces Minister Sébastien Lecornu. in an interview at Figaro published monday evening. He added that France would also « doubler » the delivery of 155 millimeter shells “to increase it to 2,000 per month from the end of March”.
- Emmanuel Macron will meet on Tuesday at the start of the afternoon at the Elysee Palace with defense industrialists to take stock of the transition to a “war economy”. The objective is to produce more and more quickly, also to prepare the French army in the event of a major conflict.
- Hungary’s parliament, dominated by nationalist prime minister Viktor Orban’s party, ratified Finland’s NATO membership on Monday, bringing the Nordic country closer to the Atlantic Alliance. The situation is more delicate for its Swedish neighbour, which still faces objections from Ankara.
Find our direct from yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Narrative. Pass of arms between two former Olympic saber champions
Chronic. Arms sales: “The Russian military-industrial complex continues to cede ground to the United States and France”
Factual. Putin expands nuclear blackmail with support from Belarus
Factual. “Leroy Merlin wants to leave Russia with as few assets as possible lost”
Factual. The website of the National Assembly temporarily blocked by a group of pro-Russian hackers
Factual. The responses of « Monde » to your most frequently asked questions