The unfortunate brawl in Madrid between the Police and players of the Peruvian soccer team

The unfortunate brawl in Madrid between the Police and players of the Peruvian soccer team

Several players from the Peruvian soccer team confronted National Police agents on Monday night outside the hotel where they are staying in Madrid, where they will play a friendly match with Morocco. This incident resulted in a detainee, Pedro Gallese, the goalkeeper of the Peruvian team, who was transferred to a police station after being denounced by an agent, and who has left without charges, according to what the Peruvian authorities have reported. Thus, the goalkeeper has left the police premises released after 03:00 hours and has been transferred again to the hotel where the footballers are staying. The Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has indicated that the consulate in Madrid has accompanied the player at the police station at all times to give statements and that “it will ensure the physical integrity of all the players of the selection.” Likewise, the Peruvian ministry has announced that “will request the immediate clarification of the facts to the concerned authorities.”

The Embassy and the Consulate of Peru in Spain assisted the members of the soccer team involved in an altercation with the Spanish National Police at the gates of their hotel in Madrid on Monday night and early Tuesday morning, where a large group of Peruvian fans.

Hours before, several players and other members of the expedition of the Peruvian soccer team clashed with some agents of the National Police who guaranteed their safety, during a reception organized by the fans at the gates of the NH Collection Eurobuilding hotel, an incident that resulted in Gallese’s appearance at a Spanish Police station. The Peruvian team arrived at the hotel after the evening training session held at the Ciudad del Fútbol in Las Rozas.

As reported by police sources and corroborated by the images recorded by witnesses, some of the players of the Peruvian team, who will play a friendly match in the Spanish capital against Morocco on Tuesday, they exceeded the security perimeter marked by the National Police to greet the fans at the doors of the hotel where they are staying.

At that moment, the agents of the Police Intervention Unit (UIP), better known as riot police, told them that they should go back towards the hotel door, which sparked shoving and slapping between police officers, members of the Peruvian expedition and fans.

In the videos broadcast through social networks, it can be seen that Pedro Gallese, Álex Varela and Yoshimar Yotún were some of the footballers involved in the altercations, which were finally neutralized by the Police. Sources from the Peruvian Football Federation (FPF) consulted by EFE classify the incident as “confusing” and indicate that through the videos released “they are trying to clarify the situation” and “resolve what happened.”

From the Unified Police Union they describe the altercation as unfortunate and defend the work of the agents. “Our colleagues are working to provide security for players from foreign delegations. Sport should be an example of good behavior and not violent acts. From @Sup_Policia we support the #UIP and its impeccable work”can be read in a message posted on social networks.

Peru will face Morocco this Tuesday in a friendly match to be held starting at 9:30 p.m. at the Cívitas Metropolitano Stadium.


Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent News

Editor's Pick