Cover image: MOHAMMED BADRA / AFP
- Volodymyr Zelensky is going to Brussels on Thursday as guest of honor at a summit of the Twenty-Seven, where he should plead in particular for his allies to deliver combat planes to him in the ” earlier “.
- In London, Mr. Zelensky addressed the Parliament meeting at Westminster Hall on Wednesday.which hosted rare foreign leaders such as the Frenchman Charles de Gaulle in 1960. “I ask you and the world for simple but very important words: fighter jets for Ukraine, wings for freedom”, he launched. Seeming to open the door to this somewhat taboo subject, the Prime Minister, Rishi Sunak, promised to train fighter pilots “to NATO standards”. He asked the British army to study possible deliveries of planes, a possible solution only ” long-term “.
- The Ukrainian president was then hosted on Wednesday evening by Emmanuel Macron, who had also invited Olaf Scholz for a late dinner at the Elysee. In front of the press, the two leaders temporized on the question of the planes, but assured their Ukrainian counterpart that they would support Ukraine, in particular militarily, “as long as necessary”.
- As for the issue of tanksLondon claimed that its Challengers would be operational ” next month “ and promised to send longer-range artillery capabilities immediately. Germany intends to provide with its allies at the end of April a first battalion of its eagerly awaited Leopard tanks.
- Russia claims the success of its recent offensive in eastern Ukraine. “Currently, the fighting is progressing successfully in the areas [de Bakhmout et de Vouhledar] »said Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who also warned the West against increasing its aid to Ukraine, which could “lead to an unpredictable level of escalation” of the conflict.
Find our live yesterday by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Chronic. “On the road to EU membership, Volodymyr Zelensky has already scored points”
Video. “Russia will lose”, promises Volodymyr Zelensky, traveling to the United Kingdom
Testimonials. “In the streets of kyiv, I start to meet people with prosthetic arms and legs. The invasion already has its veterans”
Tribune. “France could provide much better support to activists from non-democratic countries”
Reportage. The defense of the electricity network, the other Ukrainian front
Decryptions. Visiting Mali, Sergei Lavrov targets Westerners
Chronic. “There are too many Russian corpses in the cupboards of the French Republic”
Reportage. In Bakhmout with the White Angels, to exfiltrate Ukrainian civilians far from the front
Factual. The answers of the “World” to your most frequently asked questions