Tamil Nadu has a total of 2.30 crore power connections, 22 lakh agricultural power connections and 11 lakh cottage power connections. The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has issued a notification to link Aadhaar number with these electricity connections.
In the meantime, here are some answers to some of the questions consumers may have about this connection.
1. How to link Aadhaar with electricity connection?
Link Aadhaar: You can go to the website https://nsc.tnebltd.gov.in/adharupload/ and enter your electricity connection registration and link Aadhaar number or visit the Electricity Board office in person to link Aadhaar number.
2. How to link Aadhaar number through internet?
Step 1 : Link Aadhaar: Go to https://nsc.tnebltd.gov.in/adharupload/ and register your connection number.
Step 2 : An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked to your electricity connection. After entering that OTP, you need to enter your Aadhaar card and Aadhaar number.
Step 3 : The options will appear whether you are the owner or tenant of the house or you are the owner of the house but the electricity connection is in someone else’s name. Just select your option and submit. You can link your Aadhaar number with the electricity connection. Acknowledgment receipt will follow. You can download it.
3. I am in a rented house. Do I need to connect my Aadhaar to the electricity connection of my residential house?
If the owner of the house gives permission, only the resident of the rented house can register.
4. Who should link Aadhaar number with electricity connection number?
Household, power loom, agriculture and cottage power consumers should link Aadhaar number.
5. If I link Aadhaar number of the tenant, will the electricity connection change to his name?
No. Aadhaar linking is just a detail. Only the owner of the house can change the name of the electrical connection.
6. What to do in case of change of tenant?
When the tenant changes, the Aadhaar of the new tenant can be linked.
7. I have 5 houses on rent. Each house has separate meters. How do I link Aadhaar?
You can provide your Aadhaar number for all connections. So, there is no harm.
8. What happens if Aadhar number is not linked?
There is no time limit for linking Aadhaar; But the power board has advised that the subsidy recipients must link the Aadhaar number.
9. Can I pay electricity bill only by linking Aadhaar number?
As more consumers tried to connect Aadhaar number to electricity connection at the same time, the server crashed. Subsequently, the electricity board ordered an additional 2 days. Also, even without linking the Aadhaar number, electricity bills can be paid at electricity board offices. But the electricity board said that electricity bill can be paid online only by linking the Aadhaar number.
10. Electricity connection is in my grandfather/father’s name. But he died. How do I link Aadhaar?
Even if the name is not changed in the e-connection, the person who is going to change the name can link the Aadhaar number in his name. If you want to link Aadhaar number in your name, just upload your Aadhaar card.
11. Will 100 units of free electricity be canceled by linking Aadhaar number?
A cancellation is not mandatory. Minister Senthil Balaji has categorically stated that no one should be afraid of such.
12. How many days to link Aadhaar?
There is no time limit for linking Aadhaar. But it must be connected.
13. We do not have a website. How do I connect?
Special camps will be conducted till December 31 to link customers with their Aadhaar numbers. You can use this opportunity to link your Aadhaar number with electricity connection.