Published on :
The coach of the XV of France announced on Tuesday the list of 42 players selected to prepare for the first match of the Six Nations Tournament. Yacouba Camara, who had not been summoned since 2019, is one of the surprises. For the rest, Fabien Galthié has decided to rely on his usual executives, including captain and scrum half Antoine Dupont.
Montpellier third line Yacouba Camara and Stade Français center Julien Delbouis are among the 42 players called up on Tuesday, January 17, by coach Fabien Galthié to prepare for the first match of the Six Nations Tournament, against Italy, in Rome. , February 5.
The winger of Toulon Gabin Villière, usual holder in Blue but injured in an ankle then in a hand, was not summoned, just like the scrum half of the UBB Maxime Lucu, usual double of Antoine Dupont in the XV of France, and the second or third line of Racing 92 Cameron Woki, a part of Fabien Galthié, also injured.
In total, eight players without selection were called up for the preparation camp in Capbreton, in the Landes.
At 27, Yacouba Camara is a big surprise since he had not played for the France team since 2019.
>> Rugby World Cup 2023: the Blues focused on their quest for a first coronation
For the rest, Fabien Galthié has decided to rely on his usual executives, including captain and scrum half Antoine Dupont. The best player in the world 2021 leads a troop of eleven Toulouse, the largest contingent of its 42 players.
After their trip to Italy, Antoine Dupont’s teammates will travel to Ireland (February 11), host Scotland (February 26), go to England (March 11) and host Wales (March 18).
The list of 42 players summoned by Fabien Galthié:
- Win Antonio (La Rochelle, 32 years, 47 years old)
- Cyril Baille (Toulouse, 29, 49 caps)
- Sipili Falatea (UBB, 25 ans, 7 cells.)
- Mohamed Haouas (Montpellier, 28, 14 caps)
- Dany Prison (La Rochelle, 28, 18 cells.)
- Reda Wardi (La Rochelle, 27, 2 caps)
- Gaëtan Barlot (Castres, 25, 4 caps)
- Julien Marchand (Toulouse, 27, 24 caps)
- Teddy Baubigny (Toulon, 24 ans, 1 sél.)
The second lines
- Bastien Chalureau (Montpellier, 30, 2 caps)
- Thibaud Flament (Toulouse, 25, 11 caps)
- Thomas Jolmes (UBB, 27 ans, 2 cells.)
- Thomas Lavault (La Rochelle, 23, 2 caps)
- Romain Taofifenua (Lyon, 32, 38 caps)
- Paul Willemse (30, 24 caps)
The third lines
- Grégory Alldritt (La Rochelle, 25, 31 caps)
- Alexandre Bécognée (Montpellier, 26 years old, 1 cap)
- Paul Boudehent (La Rochelle, 23, 0 caps)
- Yacouba Camara (Montpellier, 28, 17 caps)
- Dylan Cretin (Lyon, 25, 20 caps)
- François Cros (Toulouse, 28, 16 caps)
- Anthony Jelonch (Toulouse, 26, 22 caps)
- Sékou Macalou (French stadium, 27 years old, 11 caps)
- Charles Ollivon (Toulon, 29, 27 caps)
The scrum halves
- Léo Coly (Montpellier, 23 years old, 0 caps)
- Antoine Dupont (Toulouse, 25, 43 caps)
- Nolann Le Garrec (Racing 92, 20 years old, 0 caps)
The opening halves
- Antoine Hastoy (La Rochelle, 25, 2 caps)
- Matthieu Jalibert (UBB, 23, 20 caps)
- Romain Ntamack (Toulouse, 23, 31 caps)
- Louis Bielle-Biarrey (UBB, 19, 0 caps)
- Ethan Dumortier (Lyon, 21 years old, 0 caps)
- Damian Penaud (Clermont, 26, 37 caps)
- Matthis Lebel (Toulouse, 23, 5 caps)
- Pierre-Louis Barassi (Toulouse, 24, 3 caps)
- Julien Delbouis (French stadium, 23 years old, 0 caps)
- Gaël Fickou (Racing 92, 28 years old, 74 caps)
- Emilien Gailleton (Pau, 19, 0 caps)
- Yoram Moefana (UBB, 22 ans, 11 cells.)
The retarded guys
- Romain Buros (UBB, 25 years old, 0 sél.)
- Melvyn Jaminet (Toulouse, 23 years, 12 years)
- Thomas Ramos (Toulouse, 27, 20 caps)