Trump Vows Action Against Venezuela Drug Traffickers

by mark.thompson business editor

Trump Announces Imminent Land Operations Against Venezuelan Drug Traffickers

The United States is preparing to expand its efforts to disrupt drug trafficking from Venezuela, with plans to begin land-based operations “very soon” to detain alleged drug traffickers, according to statements made by the President on Thursday, November 28, 2025. This escalation follows what the administration claims has been success in curbing maritime drug shipments.

The President, speaking during a Thanksgiving call with members of the Armed Forces, asserted that traffickers have adjusted their methods in response to increased naval interdiction. “They’ve probably noticed that people don’t want to deliver (drugs) by sea anymore, and we’re going to start stopping them by land,” he said. “Also, by land it’s easier, but that’s going to start very soon. We warned them to stop sending poison into our country.”

Expanding Operations Beyond the Sea

The announcement comes as the U.S. military has already been actively engaged in operations targeting suspected drug trafficking vessels in the Caribbean and Pacific. Since September 1, these efforts have reportedly resulted in the destruction of over 20 boats and the deaths of more than 80 individuals allegedly linked to Venezuelan drug cartels.

“In recent weeks, you have been working to stop drug traffickers from Venezuela, of which there are many,” the President told the troops. “Of course, there are not many coming by sea anymore.” He further emphasized the administration’s commitment to addressing the issue, stating, “Let’s take care of the situation.”

Justification and Claims of Progress

The President justified the military actions by highlighting the devastating impact of drugs trafficked from Venezuela on American communities. “These drug traffickers are sending their poison to the United States, where they kill thousands of people a year,” he stated. He claimed significant progress has already been made, asserting that the U.S. has “almost stopped it” and has already halted 85% of the flow of drugs by sea.

Heightened Tensions and Military Posture

These statements are unfolding against a backdrop of increasing tension between the U.S. and Venezuela. Since November 16, the U.S. Navy has deployed the USS Gerald R. Ford, its largest aircraft carrier, to the Caribbean Sea. On Monday, the administration also designated the Cartel de los Soles organization as a terrorist entity, alleging ties to Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.

Despite the aggressive rhetoric, the President has previously indicated a willingness to engage in dialogue with Maduro. He stated on Tuesday that he “could talk to save many lives,” and that such a conversation would be “welcome,” according to Venezuelan Attorney General Tarek William Saab.

Demonstrations of U.S. air power were also conducted in the Caribbean on Monday, with US B-52H bomber aircraft confirmed to have flown over the region by the US Air Force on Wednesday.

The President did not provide specific details regarding the nature of the planned land operations, leaving the scope and potential impact of this next phase of the strategy unclear.

https://twitter.com/OrlvndoA/status/1730744999999999999

The situation remains fluid, and further developments are expected as the U.S. prepares to implement its new strategy against Venezuela and alleged drug trafficking networks.

Leave a Comment