Thailand faces the problem of onset obesity. and obesity in children continues to increase According to a health survey conducted by the Thai Health Promotion Foundation (Thai Health Promotion Foundation), 42.2 percent of Thai people aged 15 years and over are obese and 39.4 percent have abdominal obesity, while Bangkok residents. have the highest prevalence of obesity at 47 percent and women in Bangkok has the highest prevalence of abdominal obesity at 65.3 percent and found that Thai people aged 35 years and over have problems with abdominal obesity almost 30 percent
Check the signal “fatty liver mask”, the beginning of cirrhosis – liver cancer, thin people can be at risk!
cannot sleep! Can I use “antihistamines”? Know the types and side effects of the drug.
While statistics in 2017, obesity patients in Thailand are the second highest among ASEAN countries. After Malaysia, 16 million people are obese, 16 million people are obese. Divided into 4.7 million men and 11.3 million women, leading to the risk of non-communicable diseases (NDCs), including diabetes, high blood pressure. hyperlipidemia Cardiovascular disease, cancer
In addition to NDCs, and the scary under fat is that it usually doesn’t show symptoms until it’s severe. And if left untreated, it can lead to severe and life-threatening complications. What diseases are obese people at risk?
- fatty liver Twenty percent of people who are obese will also have fatty liver disease. Fatty liver is caused by eating too much high fat, sugar, and alcohol, which is one of the reasons that cause fat to build up in the liver. Until the liver works to use the fat or cannot digest it Until causing the accumulation of fatty liver, leading to chronic liver disease such as hepatitis, cirrhosis and liver cancer as well
- sleep apnea For people who are overweight and obese More often there is fat accumulation in the throat wall. The neck wall is thicker and the throat is more shortened. The throat is narrowed. causing obstruction of the airway and the risk of sleep apnea
- cardiovascular disease Obesity often directly increases the risk of cardiovascular disease. Because the level of fat, cholesterol and fat accumulation in the body is higher than normal. resulting in thicker blood vessels The arteries are therefore constricted. make the blood flow less Eventually, the arteries become obstructed and may develop into myocardial infarction.
- acid reflux In obese people, there is an increase in abdominal pressure and intracranial pressure. This causes the acid and food being digested in the stomach to flow back into the esophagus. can cause acid reflux disease
- Coughing, sneezing, urinary incontinence It’s caused by the pelvic floor muscles that support the urethra and bladder. It can occur from various physical abnormalities, including obesity.
- irregular menstruationIn women who are overweight and obese, it may result in irregular menstruation. Missing menstruation for several months at a time because in obese people, the skin can turn fat cells into estrogen hormones. which affects the secretion of FSH and LH hormones causing irregular menstruation
- diabetes because in obese patients Insulin secreted by the pancreas may not work as well. and result in insulin resistance This makes the peripheral tissues less responsive to insulin. Beta cells do not work. hyperlipidemia Cause metabolic syndrome
- Osteoarthritis In each step of the obese person’s walk, there will be more pressure on the knee joint than that of the non-obese person. In addition, the knee joint with a lot of fatty tissue will overflow and press and destroy the nearby cartilage surface, accelerating the onset of osteoarthritis.
- depression With these diseases, the symptoms usually subside or may improve with weight loss.
Overdose of ‘painkillers’ does not relieve headache and liver damage Advise the right dosage
How much is considered obese? ?
There are many different ways to measure body fat. The most commonly used measure is the body mass index (BMI). [ค่าดัชนีมวลกาย = น้ำหนัก (กิโลกรัม) / ส่วนสูง (เมตร) /ส่วนสูง (เมตร)]
- BMI < 18.5 is underweight or thin.
- BMI 18.5 – 22.90 is normal.
- BMI 23 – 24.90 is overweight. which if reaching this level Should speed up self-treatment to distance yourself from the disease because of the risk of obesity and other complications
- BMI 25 – 29.90 is obesity level 1
- A BMI of 30 or higher is considered obesity grade 2.
Diagnosis criteria for abdominal obesity
Measurement of BMI plus the presence of two or more of the four other risk factors can help assess obesity risk.
- Blood pressure of 130/85 mm Hg or higher
- Blood triglyceride level over 150 mg/dL (Triglyceride > 150 mg/dL)
- Blood glucose level greater than 100 mg/dL (Fasting Plasma Glucose > 100 mg/dL)
- The good cholesterol in the blood or High Density Lipoprotein (HDL – Cholesterol) is less than 40 mg/dL for men and less than 50 mg/dL for men. for women
Abdominal obesity sound disease
- Eating foods that are high in energy than the body needs.
- Lack of exercise, such as not having time to exercise physical work behavior Body is not ready. Sleep deprivation.
- Medications that cause weight gain, such as psychiatric drugs, anticonvulsants, insulin, steroids
- Endocrine diseases such as cysts in the ovaries Cushing’s syndrome hypothyroidism
Therefore, care should be taken in matters of nutrition. Choose to eat food from all 5 food groups and control your weight to be consistent. with regular exercise If after doing all the recommended methods and still unable to lose weight It is advisable to consult a medical practitioner to find the right approach and treatment for each individual.
Remove the healthy pork attitude and travel the health line. strong body Let’s reduce the disease.
Thank you for information from: Bangkok Hospital
Set up a health program with “body mass BMI”, knowing the body can help reduce disease.
‘Swollen ankles’ can tell about disease Check if the symptoms are just an injury or it’s in the category of heart-liver-kidney disease.