Last Updated : 04 Apr, 2023 01:12 PM
Mumbai: The Jio Cinemas platform is broadcasting the current IPL season digitally. For the first time this site is streaming IPL matches. However, Jio Cinema received around 147 crore video views in the first weekend due to overwhelming response from the audience. This is reported to be more than the previous season.
IPL matches are streamed live in 4K resolution on Jio Cinema platform. It is to be noted that Reliance’s Viacom 18 has bid for the digital license to broadcast IPL matches for 5 years from 2023 to 2027 for Rs 20,500 crore in the auction held in June 2022. Cricket matches in India can now be watched for free on Jio TV or Jio Cinema.
Fans will be able to watch IPL matches in 12 languages, including Tamil, on Jio Cinemas this time. It also features Hype mode with statistics at 50 frames per second, multi camera angle view, chat facility etc.
Fans overwhelming support!
- Jio Cinema is said to be free for all corporate telecom users. Earlier it was only available for Jio Telecom users.
- It is reported that more than 5 crore people downloaded the Jio Cinema app in the first weekend.
- The Jio Cinema app has been downloaded by more than 100 million people on the Play Store alone.
- Similarly, Jio Cinema has received around 147 crore video views in the first weekend. This is reported to be more than the previous season. It is noteworthy that the IPL season started on March 31 (Friday). This is reported to be more than previous seasons.
- It is also said to be more than the ICC T20 World Cup 2022 series.
- It has also been reported that the average viewing time of a viewer per match has touched 57 minutes. This is reported to be about 60 percent higher than previous seasons in the first week.
- Jio Cinema app has reached 2.5 crore downloads in a single day. The first match between Chennai and Gujarat was watched by a maximum of 1.6 crore people.
Don’t miss out!