We love oatmeal, after all, the little nutrient bombs are not only versatile and delicious to use in the kitchen, they also provide us with a number of important nutrients such as B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and calcium. The fiber it contains promotes healthy digestion and keeps us full for a long time, making it the perfect breakfast to keep you full until lunchtime – without any cravings.
Oatmeal is particularly popular as a warm porridge, which most people eat in the sweet version with nuts, nut butter and fruit. But the gruel is also a real treat when it’s savory – that’s why we have a delicious breakfast recipe with egg and chives for you. Try it!
Also exciting: Even healthier than oatmeal – 5 alternatives for your porridge >>
Breakfast recipe for porridge with egg and chives
- 100 grams of oatmeal
- our His
- salt and pepper
- some fresh chives
- Oil of your choice for frying (e.g. olive oil)
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Briefly fry the oatmeal.
- Then add the egg and fry.
- Then mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Add some water and simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with fresh chives.