Child dies in Texas with brain-eating amoeba

by time news

In another tragedy with a brain-eating amoeba, a child died from this one-celled killer in Arlington, Texas.

After the cause of death was reported to the Tarrant County Health Department and the Arlington City Council, a search for the source of the infection led to a park that has a watering pad for children. The analysis showed the presence in the water of the microscopic organism Naegleria fowleri – an amoeba that reproduces in warm water of lakes, rivers and ponds, and can also be present in non-disinfected water of swimming pools, in city water supply systems and in soil.

Infection with this type of amoeba is quite rare and causes extremely severe amoebic meningoencephalitis. Amoeba first enters the nose of a child or adult, and from there rises to the brain, where it begins to destroy brain tissue. Therefore, if you simply drank the water containing the amoeba, you cannot catch meningoencephalitis, experts say.

For safety reasons, all children’s sprinklers located elsewhere are closed at least until the end of the year. In addition, a survey of the equipment of “sprinklers” will be carried out, as well as an inspection of compliance with the protocols for the operation of the water supply system and an analysis of the quality of water in it.

Published in the newspaper “Moskovsky Komsomolets” No. 0 dated November 30 -0001

Newspaper headline:
And again the killer amoeba

.

READ Also:  "The ASL guarantee assisted suicide"

You may also like

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.